View Single Post
Old
02-15-2005, 07:38 PM
McSorley 33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M
Today on TSN Brian Burke sent out his condolences to the Sutter family over the death of Louis Sutter. I'm not going to knock this, my condolences to the Sutter family in their time of loss and I hope everybody heals as well as they can.

Yet I feel that while Brian Burke is congratulating a well deserving man on national TV he has also slighted Jeff Halpern who lost his mother and other family members this weekend in a tragic accident. I have a lot of respect for Halpern as a player and I'd like to go on record as saying that the Halperns have my deepest sympathy in their time of loss, it's unfathomable the loss. Here's hoping that you heal Jeff, it's defenitely a shocker what you're going through and I can't personally fathom what you must be feeling.

In times where we're on the brink of losing our hockey season some real trajedies are happening that should make us realize that hockey isn't as important as the lives around the game. To the Halperns and the Sutters, I send my sympathy on the Kings board because I'm a Kings fan and I want you to know that even when you may have nothing to do with our franchise, at least one fan appreciates the contributions these families have made to our game. They will not be forgotten.

T2M
Of course i second that