View Single Post
Old
04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

vCash: 500
Some good quotes from Scotty here:

Quote:
"Detroit is a team that would scare me because they had eight guys out at one time, and they've got those two great defencemen in [Nick] Lidstrom and [Brian] Rafalski who make so many great plays for them. You know, how many points they [the Red Wings] would have had if they'd been healthy all year? 115 maybe. The way the game is played now, with so much room in the end zones now, that they've taken room away from the neutral zone, so much depends on your defence.

"Ninety-five per cent of your teams have decided they're going to protect the area right in front of the net. That leaves the guys with the most time and space, your defencemen at the points, and those guys Lidstrom and Rafalski, they make so many plays from back there. And [Niklas] Kronwall, he's not as good as those two but he's a great No. 3 with [Brad] Stuart.

"You know, you leave Sami Salo back there with all kinds of time to handle the puck and he's going to do something good back there with the shot and the way he can pass. That's where the game is now.

"I wouldn't want to play them [Detroit] because, as you say, [goalie Jimmy] Howard has had five years seasoning and has made 25 straight starts or something.
"I know Detroit doesn't like starting the first round in western Canada, with the long travel and having to go through customs, and with the Vancouver series likely starting Wednesday and going Wednesday-Friday, that leaves one less day to get out there if they end up playing Vancouver.

"They're not going to like that because after Game 2, you can't fly back [home for Game 3] -- you have to stay overnight. Both teams do. So then, Game 3 seems like it's rushed and Detroit will already have made the flight twice.

Ricelund is online now   Reply With Quote