View Single Post
Old
04-08-2010, 04:28 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think a lot of people are biased because they expect him to play to the money he is getting paid and that isn't the way it works. It also isn't his fault that Sather overpaid for him, but people seem to want to blame him for that, which I don't get. If I was offered a nice raise by a new company based on their poor assessment of my job skills I would still take the extra money, as I would guess most ranger fans would.
Some of us expect him NOT to play like a $7 mil Center (because he can't) but to play HIS BEST HOCKEY on a regular basis and it's clearly evident he has not consistently given us his best... These last 2 months of hockey from him have been a hell of a lot different than the Drury we saw for the first three quarters of the season and that's what disturbs me.... Even his first 2 seasons here he endured two 20 game goal-less droughts...

We all know he can't live up to his contract but when you are overpaid, you should at least be doing your absolute best and Drury's been clearly inconsistent.... This isn't even just from a points perspective but from being highly visible out on the ice and creating plays.... Last night he played a very good game but wasn't rewarded with points but he was quite noticeable and making things happen out on the ice.... That's the Drury that many of us want to see on a more consistent basis....

He gets more scrutiny not only because he's overpaid but because he wears the C and when the rest of the team is struggling a lot of the burden lies with the Captain to elevate his play and help jump start/lead his team through his own on ice actions....

Last edited by wolfgaze: 04-08-2010 at 04:36 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote