Old
02-15-2005, 10:43 PM
monkey_00*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman
Links?
Bicycle Repairman..........

It was an article in the local Hamilton Spectator newspaper........the online edition you have to be a paying member in order to have access to their articles.......I have the article right in front of me actually...I get it deleivered to my house every morning........

The title of the article: 'Hamilton team bullish about next season.'

Basically the article goes on to say that whatever happens in the NHL Dogs will be back in the Pound (Copps Coliseum) for next season........even if some of the other teams in the AHL don't........"The commitment from Montreal to supply us with a team is there" Bulldogs majority owner Michael Andlauer said yesterday in an interview following a meeting of AHL governors at the leaguečs Allstar game in New Hampshire..........."We have an agreement unlike some teams in the AHL whose affiliation agreements end this year.".........the article goes on to add that the Dallas Stars will no longer be supplying 5-players to Hamilton cause they will be running their own AHL club next season out of Des Moines........that means the Habs will have to find 5 extra players for the Bulldogs roster to make up for the loss of players to Des Moines..........also states that if the NHL lockout continues into the Fall of next season there may be some clubs with financial issues that could affect their ability to supply their AHL affiliates with players.........the article ends by stating that even though the Bulldogs are on track to miss the playoffs for only the second time in franchise history Andlauer has every confidence in the world that the Canadiens are commited to putting a winning team on the ice for next season.........as well the Bulldogs have decided to NOT bid for the 2007 AHL Allstar game........Winnipeg Manitoba will play hosts to the event next season.

Cheers!