View Single Post
Old
04-09-2010, 08:48 AM
wearethegreek

vCash: 500
I got mine on closeout, but I would pay $135 for a new pair instantly. My friend at my LHS would swap them for free, but usually it can cost $20-40 to get them mounted. You use all the same wheel size for each chassis, up to 80. I use the A6 on my 9.5EE RBK 5ks and it fits perfectly with no excess wheel hang.

From the website:

Quote:
"The Patented Sprung Voodootech Chassis has Progressive Independent Suspension, so that all four wheels move separately in the frame, and the spring action gets stiffer as more pressure is applied.

They work just like high-end racing suspension on cars and motorcycles, only much simpler, thanks to our unique suspension system. These frames are the first time a suspension of this type has ever been used on anything in the world. As your weight moves forward or backward, you keep your balance much better because the suspension absorbs the weight transfer and keeps more wheels on the ground. As you push off, you go through the toe, from four, to three, to two wheels. The energy is stored in the polyurethane springs and then released, shooting you forward.

When you turn, as your weight shifts to the center of your legs, your turn goes from four down to two wheels, so that the turning radius is much shorter and quicker than a conventional chassis.

the new Sprung inline hockey chassis, ice color
Large A8 and medium A6 frames
What all of this does, besides making you much more stable and balanced on your skates, is make you quicker with a much tighter turning radius. They take off and carve through turns just like ice hockey blades. For roller hockey players, they are the best performing skates they've ever used, by far. For ice hockey players, they are instantly familiar, because they duplicate the action and performance of ice hockey blades, making it much easier to make the transition from ice to roller hockey. There is really very little difference between ice and roller hockey with these frames. Tests of our most recent model have proven the chassis is practically indestructible and can take impacts that would totally destroy an aluminum chassis.

Almost everyone that tries them loves them instantly, but our biggest growth area is among the skaters that play both roller and ice hockey."
-Also I can tell you I've taken a bunch of foot first slides into the boards when breaking up plays. The chassis can take a BEATING. Numerous times I would have smashed up an elite one up or even a vanguard but the PVC survived. Just bend your knees, the sprung absorbs alot and you can usually make it out with just a few new battle scars. They are tanks, last a while and the guy who runs the company will personnaly answer all emails or requests for parts. He'll even mount them for you properly if you send them to him in CA

Just make sure if you get them you bring them to a LHS that has THE LITTLE CRESCENT SHAPED HEAD for the riveter. A normal rivet head is too fat to fit around the chassis where you need it but the little guy is perfect. I'l also reccomend paying extra to make sure they use copper in crucial spots. Some LHS's will save money by giving you the crappy black rivets and charge you anyway. Demand copper.

Also I've been using the same chassis for 3 pairs of skates now so they last until you break em. And then you can fix them anyway. No need to keep getting used to something new.

wearethegreek is offline   Reply With Quote