Thread: Speculation: End of the line for Sather?
View Single Post
Old
04-09-2010, 12:42 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
There's just too many rumors out there surrounding Messier and him pressuring management to move certain players because "they aren't winners" or they don't have the experience or playoff performances. Maybe they are untrue but generally where there's smoke, there is fire.

As of now, we have a GM whose only asset is his trading ability. The proposal is to replace him with a guy who supposedly demanded that several very good and very valuable players be moved for several marginal and declining has-beens. As far as a can remember as a fan, this organization has always been horrible with drafting and free agent signings. I have no reason to believe that Messier will improve those departments since he has no salary cap, negotiation experience or drafting/scouting experience. Based on his past, he will trade young guys for 'proven winners' no matter the age, sign declining talent and draft the way the Rangers have always drafted.

I have no reason to believe something different will happen, and that can only be proven through the appropriate channels of learning and apprenticing. Obvioiusly our biggest weakness as an organization is drafting, my priority would be to address it with a guy who instantly improves that with his experience and staff.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote