View Single Post
Old
09-28-2003, 08:14 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
The wild card Wally is that Phoenix has 4 goalies- Burke, Boucher, Bierk, and Pelletier. Boucher has worked extensively with thier goalie coach Benoit Allarie and seems to have enough talent and a contract (2 Mil) that the Yotes deem keeping. They just signed Zac Bierk to two years- and he played very well at the end of last season; they like Pelleiter and he has a friendly 2 year way contract and is a phone call away in the AHL. They right now have to expose two. You trade Burke and you still have to expose one of the other three and risk only having two of the four which is certainly not the plan.

Boucher is my take as the starter. The affordable and solid Bierk backs up, and Pelletier on call. They may try and work out a deal that someone takes Burke in the waiver draft so they can't lose any more goalies (one is the limit); get rid of his contract, keep the other three, and get some talent back.

Will it be Boston? With the Knighthood of Bergeron and Zinovjev hovering around its possible the Broons would be able to give up Hilbert and/or other decent prospects (Huml????); purely conjecture on my part- but thats what I do