View Single Post
Old
04-09-2010, 04:46 PM
rinkrat22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
We've had one of those guys for three years now. Frustrating because he knows what he should be doing (hustling to loose pucks, covering the point man, getting open for a pass) and instead kind of floats in no man's land until we get possession, at which point he races behind the other team and calls for a pass.

I like the idea of same speed guys on one line, but we've often paired weaker and stronger guys to even it out. We're highly concerned with people working well together regardless of lines and everyone feeling like they've got a chance to score.

Sounds like next year though the slow guy and one other guy who refuses to play with him will both be gone. Kind of excited.
I used to do this, but what I've found is that the better guys end up frustrated because they end up not getting enough space. Our league most of the teams know each other pretty well, and will play a guy tight if he's the only threat. Our league director will even play teams from different levels if he thinks it will be a "good game". I have to say its a well run league and keeping the lines with the same skill levels together vs. a overall balance has worked well for us.(it helps that we have a good core of D men too!)

I should add we have a good group of fun guys that all get along really well. Yes guys will sometimes get on each other during the game, but the lockerroom is great.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote