View Single Post
Old
04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
HowToHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
How do you get good hockey action pics with a digital camera? I can never get the lighting right in relation to shutter speed and exposure settings.

Obviously I do not have a professional camera which may be my issue right there.

My niece is a pro and works in Brooklyn shooting ffreelance stuff, she has worked for people who have shot Paula Abdul, Mel Brooks, William Shatner etc.

I asked her when she comes here later this year if i am playing to shoot some photos. She has a wicked expensive camera with the proper flash stuff.

Anyway may as well plug her website lol. http://www.jazzminebeaulieu.com
Yeah I just set mine to sports mode, which also has burst mode, my camera takes 6.5 pictures a second (in good lighting) so that is how I get the sweet stick flex shots.

If you want to bring a point and shoot to a rink you should also bring a tripod, or something to stabilize the camera. Most point and shoots will use flash in low lighting, which sometimes overexposes the foreground and the background is black, also makes the image look flat.

If you can turn the flash off, the colours will look better, but you may also get some motion blur. Sometimes this actually looks pretty cool, just don't move the camera or the whole picture will be blurry.

HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote