View Single Post
Old
04-10-2010, 02:41 AM
19 for president

vCash: 562
I really don't think Kronner is much worse than Raffy at moving the puck. Much like Raffy, Kronner isn't a true point QB. He likes to move around a lot and find those open areas. On the PP he doesn't really get to do this because he is put with forwards, which means he almost always has to remain the last guy back. He can't sneak in very often because if the opposing team gets the puck they are off on an odd man rush with Williams as the only guy back. He is also thrust into the QB role because neither Williams nor Sammy were great playmakers. He is a good passer but it is his ability to move and read plays that make him a great offensive dman. Raffy is the better passer but I think that is something Kronwall will grow into. As for Raffys contract I still think he is slightly overpaid. My bigger issue however is the length of the contract. I seriously question how effective he will be if Lids retires before him or if he starts to slow down. His skating is a huge part of his game as is his ability to pinch in. Defensively he already gets beat 1 on 1, and that will only get worse as he ages.

19 for president is offline   Reply With Quote