Thread: Hockey Helmets
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2010, 02:55 AM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
That's probably not a good guideline. Hat size is much better, as long as one knows the shape of their head and which helmets work best for what shape.

7 1/8 is a medium hat size (usually defined as 7- 7 1/4), but you'll find that many with that size wear small shirts.

Me: Hat size 7 LO(long oval for those not familiar with real hat sizing), Bauer 5000 size Medium, Chest 36, and just for the heck of it, waist 30 or 29 depending on the day.
So you wear a medium t-shirt? And you wear a medium hockey lid ... if you wear a medium shirt your helmet size is medium? My system was a guess but maybe accurate??? ... just a little bit maybe??

In any case I wear a Large that only gets tight when I need a haircut, I should wear an X-Large maybe but the large (Bauer HH4000L)extended fully fits perfectly so ..... I do not know my hat size so that doesn't help.

My chest is 54, waist is 36 ...not sure what all this means. I am sure there must be some 5 ft 6in 135lb guy with an extremely large Elephent Man head out there.

Nobody's head is bigger than Ovechkin's .... ooops did I say that?

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 04-11-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote