Thread: GDT: 04-10-10--stl @ Nsh
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2010, 11:06 AM
WalkmanX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Smithson would never make a bad pass, ever. Sarcasm off.

It's an ill advised pass by Smithson. You don't put the puck to the middle of the ice with that many people in the zone. Smithson should know better at this point in his career and he's got to go the boards with it, but not to the middle of the ice unless he knows Klein has time and space to do something with the puck. Also, with the ice conditions as bad as they are lately, make the safe play because pucks will bounce like crazy with the bad ice which only adds to the poor decision of Smithson. Once a breakdown like that happens, guys start scrambling because they have gotten out of position.

It's funny that you note Smithson is just kind of standing there watching. Hasn't been the first time this has happened this year and that's why I suspect he'll be limited to 4th line duty in the playoffs and next year. I see Spaling taking his place on the third line next year more than likely if Trotz decides to go again with a shutdown line like he did this year.
Well i agree with all that and i don't think i posted somewhere that i don't. And i think Spaling will be a regular next season

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote