Thread: GDT: 04-10-10--stl @ Nsh
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2010, 01:17 PM
MemphisMTLfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Didn't get to see all of the game....what happen to Ward I never heard anything about him during the broadcast but I knew I didn't see him in the third. Just got home and looked at TOI and he didn't play in the third or OT
Ward's been battling a 'bug' so I wonder if that has anything to do with him sitting out the 3rd.
http://predators.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2009021219
Quote:
On practices before the playoffs:
“We need to sharpen everything: pace, execution, details, line changes, our overall play, every zone – just details. We had great chances and we’re tired, so we just go off and that’s not good enough. From our standpoint, our intensity needs to go to another level, but we’ve won a lot of close games and have one of the best records in one-goal games. But we have to eliminate free chances and not leave it up to Pekka. We have some guys trying to run up to the moving train and it’s been tough. Joel Ward has been fighting a bug. Arny is coming back after a long layoff and he’s got some catching up to do. There are some guys who have been in our third and fourth lines that need to pick their game up. The whole group has done some good things, especially on the road, but at home we got off to a bit of a slow start. Power play hasn’t been as strong as we wanted to, but we’ll work on that. Goaltending has been a strength down the stretch.”

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote