View Single Post
Old
04-11-2010, 07:50 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Well if Minnesota only has four second-pairing guys and a couple third-pairing guys now, I'd hate to think what a few of the old Lemaire teams had.
Lemaire also wanted his team to play a disciplined defense-first game, which can hide player's weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
Funny how the 6th d-man kills every penalty and plays the last minute of every important game.

I think some of you guys are too harshly critical, and if and when he moves on, you'll miss the stability he brings to the blueline. Look at how many guys have come and gone in the time he has been in MN, and now many of those players are not even in the NHL anymore.

As for Johnsson being better defensively...

Don't confuse smart with soft. Soft is a guy who backs down, not who leads the team in blocked shots every year.
Clearly you didn't watch Johnsson with the Wild if you think Schultz is better defensively. As for leading the team in blocked shots, have ya checked the stats buddy? Zanon is miles ahead.

My issues are more with Barker/Zidlicky, but with GMCF actually being a part of their contracts, they aren't getting moved. I hate having so much tied up in average d-men.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote