View Single Post
Old
02-17-2005, 01:00 PM
R0CKET

vCash: 500
Lehoux has progressed and is now looking to be on track to become a 2nd Line center at the NHL level if he continues to improve in say 3 years IMO. He'd be a weaker 2nd line guy if and when he did make the grade to be taking a regular NHL shift. What he does well, he doesn't do well enough of to be anywhere near the level of success that he's getting in the AHL...that is not really fast enough and could wind up the next Pavel Rosa. He is quite nifty with the puck and though but his size and lack of star power offensive skill (shooting, speed, size) would relegate his upside to that of a lower end 2nd line center. That again is IF he continues to pay the price at both ends of the ice, which he seemingly has only had one good season of doing.

While it seems like I'm bagging on the guy I'm not cuz I really admire how he's taken the failures a prime prospect in our system and has shown a determination to prove himself worthy.

The reason Al Murray is saying this though IMO is likely more due to the progress of Cammi. With his solid progress I see in Murray's comments that they have him pegged as the small Center who brings the sweet offensive game to LA's future and I don't think LA can have 2 small guys as top line centers on their club.

If I were going to deal Lehoux (obviously with others going to NY) I'd look to NYI for a Scatchard rather than say moving up in the draft. A big physical center/forward taking a regular 2-3 line shift capable of putting the hurt on someone is ALSO something this teams lacks for a bunch of reason. It may also keep guys like Cammi/Ziggy/Lubo...healthier over the course of the whole season.