Thread: Speculation: The Offseason Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Cherepanisimov

vCash: 500
Next year will be another rebuilding year...

...but they should be able to rebuild while staying competitive. This team should be playoff caliber.

1.) Management: Fire Sather. Now. Hire Messier, Clark, or Gordon. I'd prefer to keep Gordie where he is. He's is doing an absolutely admirable job drafting considering where we have been picking. Gordon is my choice, but I'd be OK with Messier. Also, Fire Tortorella. (I like him but I'd like for a new GM to bring in his own coach that fits his preferred style). Sign another coach with a similar, upbeat style, without the d*uche-baggage.

2.) Draft: Draft Ryan Johansen, Kirill Kabanov in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Sign and trade Girardi at the draft. Sames for Gilroy. Try to pick up a couple of thirds to package for a 2nd and get Straka.

3.) Re-signings: Re-sign Staal (2 years/5M), Prospal (2 years/4.2M), Christ (1 year/1M), Prust (3 years/2.7M), PAP (1 year/800K one-way) Let Jokinen and Eriksson walk. Get them the **** away from this team.

4.) Free Agency: Re-sign Zherdev (2 years/5.5M). Sign Zbynek Michalek, if he gets to free agency. (4 years/15M)

5.) Rookies: Continue to inject youth. (Grachev, Weise, Sanguinetti, McDonagh, Johnson)

6.) Lineup: Rotate the centers and see who sticks with Gabby. I'm not convinced that EC's success with Gabs is going to be a full-time thing.

7.) Player "Management": Ahh, I almost forgot. Kill Redden.

8.) Jesus help us: Get better at hockey. Because this is basically the same group of players.

Prospal-EC/BD/AA-Gaborik
Grachev-EC/BD/AA-Zherdev
Avery-EC/BD/AA-Callahan
Weise-Drury-Prust

Staal-Rozsival
Del Zotto-McDonagh
Sanguinetti-Michalek

Henke
Johnson

Eh?

This leaves us with a solid (mediocre?) lineup for next year, and gives us the oppurtunity to plug in good prospects when they are ready and Avery's, Prospal's, Drury's, and Christensen's contracts expire. (KK, Johansen, Kreider, Stepan, Straka, etc.)

Seems pretty foolproof. Why don't they just name me GM already?

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote