View Single Post
Old
04-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
No one was rooting for the team to fail. We were rooting for the team to get a high pick because that seemed like a better course for this franchise's future than what seemed like a fruitless push for the playoffs.

Once it became apparent that a high pick wasn't going to happen, everyone has been on board with making the playoffs because none of us wanted the worst case scenario, which was to miss the playoffs and get a low pick. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. In retrospect, can anyone really say that we wouldn't have been better off losing all those games and finishing bottom 5?
I'm a Flyers fan, but I come in peace. The following is my opinion, and I don't care to defend it to any who may disagree, I offer it only because it may cheer a couple of you up (or not, here goes...).

I would say that you guys are better off for trying to make the play-offs when you thought you had a chance (which clearly you did). Further, I believe that every game is worth winning, even outside of the value of points in the play-off push, even at the cost of an earlier pick. Take pride in the fact that your team didn't pack it in. There is a difference between having competed and lost and having made a choice to give up. That choice represents the difference between those who just came up a bit short and those who are simply losers.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote