View Single Post
Old
04-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
So in other words, you'd like to put the players, the team, & the season in a good position to fail.

- Dubinsky is 0 for 3 on his career.
- Gaborik is 2 for 18
- Prospal is the only one who has respectable #'s at 14 for 36.

Like it or not, the shootout is not about rewarding your best players. It, like plenty of other things in a hockey game is a niche. You wouldn't put Shelley out there in a shootout, and you wouldn't make Prust take an important faceoff.

A coaches most important job is put the right players out at the right time. Torts did that. We still lost. Get over it.
You'd actually have a point if we had a coach that had shown some sort of steady hand when it comes to making decisions all season. Does he look like a guy that "plays the percentages" to you? If he the type of personality that operates that way?

Nope, all season long I've heard him crow about how his strengths are having his hand on the pulse of this team. Then he goes out there and allows Olli Jokinen to blow the season with a roller hockey move.

Its contradictory behavior from Tortorella that has pissed me off all season. Excuse me if I dont "get over" this one too quickly being that this particular instance ended our season, and now I have to watch stupid baseball for 6 months.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote