Thread: Larry Brooks: Eight Steps To Fix Flunking Rangers
View Single Post
Old
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
PA is UFA and would have very little trade value regardless.

Hekkinen won't be back next year. Maybe if we offer him a 1 way deal and promise him a spot, but otherwise he'll be gone.

It's possible that Grachev could win a spot in camp, but I think he'd be far better served by playing another year in the AHL.
i didnt realize that PA is a ufa, sorry. Still can drop redden in the minors, free up 6.5mil.. Trade Gilroy and rosie for draft picks.. saves another 6mil i think. let jokinen walk..frees up another 5.5mil.. can resign prospal for cheap ONLY 1YR deal, if not let him walk. So right there frees up around 18million in capspace.. resign our core free agents in staal and girardi.. promise hekinnen a spot and get him in....

even with our RFA signed and all those players let go, well have around 12million to play with.. take that and either sign kovy and still have 3mil left over, or go out and sign hamhuis/volchenkov/michalek all very good 2way dmen, and id say have about 8mil left over, to play with..

Then the next season after that drury's contract comes up, theres another 7million and have 15million to sign ne1 we want while having our defense shored up, with the likes of mcd and sangs comming up, plus our draft picks from before like stepen n krieder, along with the guys we draft this year including the 2-4th rounders we get for gilroy and rosie

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote