View Single Post
Old
04-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Fan Of View Post
You're right, journalists have a job because of the team. However, the journalists need the team as much as the team needs the journalists.

As I wrote in my previous posts, more journalists = more exposure = more persons are reached. If the Habs doesn't have 3 pages in four newspapers almosts each day, even in the summer, the Habs will still be popular, but their popularity will have declined.

Again, they are now "gossip columnists" because this is what a large majority of the "fans" (I don't say this is good btw), want. If they didn't like that type of journalism, they would not buy the newspapers.

I could bet my shirt that one the most bought Journal de Montréal ever was the one with Theodore (injury or Paris Hilton), Brisebois (Paris, France) or the one with Malakhov (ski, Tremblant).
It's not like Theo is ignoring all journalists though. I'm sure he's talking to Caps media and etc. Selectively ignoring a media not even in the city you play for shouldn't affect the Caps popularity much.

I think this shows that the media might finally do something beneficial to the Habs on ice performance by messing with opponents heads for a change.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote