View Single Post
Old
04-13-2010, 06:29 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Um where did I say he would be our 2nd line center?
Well, what are you touting him for? Do you really think that this is a top-line center? If not, then do you think that he is a 3rd line center capable of going up against the other teams top line in a defensive roles?
Quote:
1M for a 45 point scorer that can be put on any of the top 3 lines if need be for injuries or whatever is a steal.
That's just my point. Point out the playoff teams on which Christensen would be considered a top-2 line center? If not there, then why here? And since he does not have the attributes that I would look for in a 3rd line center, he is nowhere.
Quote:
What does Kotalik and his 3M/4YR contract have to do with him?
From a production point, Kotalik was not all that different than Christensen. And did not nearly spend as much time with Gaborik.
Quote:
Your entire argument is horrible, I don't care how many teams want him as a 2nd line center or understand the relevance.
The relevance is that it seems that unless he can produce as a top-6 forward, then he is useless. Especially since I do not consider him to be a 3rd line option as I do not view his defensive prowers to be noteworthy. And I do not view a player with his offensive production, and given how long he got to play at a top-6 forward, as a particularly enticing option. I do not believe that contending teams have Christensen as a top-6 forward.
Quote:
So yes, THAT is his endorsement. Unless you have a better idea to spend less then around 1M on a player who will score us 40-45 points.
In a capped league, I would find a better use for the money.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote