Thread: Grebeshkov
View Single Post
Old
04-14-2010, 10:09 AM
predfan24

vCash: 500
I'll give one more reply for this subject and then be done with it until we see which way Trotz goes. I can buy into the theory of playing Grebeshkov because he is more experienced, is both a PK and PP guy( Huge factor). However the whole speed issue with Franson is really is getting WAY overblown. People are acting as if this is peewee hockey and the team with all the fast players is going to blow by one of big lumbering skater all game. This is the NHL. Franson already played here all year against the fastest players night in and night out. You don't have to be a fast straight line skater to play Defense. Plenty of Defensemen are slow of foot in the NHL.( Chris Pronger anyone) It's about proper strategy in defending.

It doesn't matter if you are Duncan Keith or Cody Franson. If you pinch and the forward gets by you the forward is gone. He can accelerate much faster forwards than a defender can transition from backwards to forwards and then accelerate. Sorry for the rant. Just really eating at me.

That being said I'm not against Grebs in for Franson and the more I think about it the more I'm convinced it might be the right move. Tough descion for Trotz.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote