View Single Post
Old
04-14-2010, 01:08 PM
se7en
infamous...

vCash: 500
a79krgm - Thanks for posting that video! I live in California & because of the time change I had to listen to the game on the radio. I heard them say that Modano was going to throw on the old North Stars jersey and I was waiting for somone to post it so I could see!

Anyway, on Wild Radio they mentioned that the Wild have something in the works to try & bring back the North Stars jersey! I don't know how they're going to do it or if it'll be a 1 night thing or an eventual 3rd jersey but it it was mentioned..

If I had to guess I'd say thery're are going to try and do some kind of Minnesota hockey tribute where over a few games and/or seasons they'll bring back jersey's like the North Stars & the Fightning Saints, etc.. I think that's the only way they can do it because it's not like we can just go & be the North Stars again.. It'll be interesting to see how they go about it. I know I'd LOVE a Wild 3rd jersey that's the North Stars colors & logo but with a Wild or state of hockey patch on the shoulders! (A Fighting Saints would be sweet too!)

Lastly, I gotta mention that when I was a little tyke, about 9 years old, my dad used to take me to North Stars games at the Met, and I'll never forget when my dad had me go stand by the tunnel and give high 5's to the players. Modano started into the tunnel, stopped backed up a step & gave me a big high 5. As a little kid I thought that was the coolest thing ever & he's been one of my favorite players ever since! Sad to see him go...

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote