View Single Post
Old
09-28-2003, 02:05 PM
think-blue-

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster
It was in all the reports and press releases when he was hired. Dryden was on record as saying that Quinn's experience as GM was going to be very useful to Toronto.

Was MLSE lying again?
That doesn't answer my question. If you can provide me with the documents, then do so. Otherwise, "Quinn's experience as GM was going to be very useful to Toronto," is vague and does nothing for me.

As far as I can recall, Ken Dryden and Mike Smith were running the ship after Fletcher left. Anders Hedberg was scouting for us at the time.

Look, if you're going to bash the pre-Quinn regimes for drafting, go ahead. Ill be right behind you in line. But since Quinn has got here in 2000, he's replenished the system with promise. No, the system is not bare, thanks to Quinn. Yes, we can put some youth into the lineup in coming years, thanks to Quinn. I really don't particularly care for the history of this team - it holds absolutely no merit when speaking of the Quinn and now, Ferguson regime. And I really don't care what Quinn did in Vancouver. It holds no merit, once again. Because as he stepped down as GM this year, the situation is far from the poor state he left the Canucks with.