View Single Post
Old
04-14-2010, 10:24 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I could see a Leafs/Lightning deal surrounding Lecavalier and Kaberle. The Leafs haven't had a true No. 1 center since Sundin left.

It is true that Lecavalier makes far too much money, and on far too long a term, to be a struggling team's No. 2 center. But he could be worth his contract (or at least close to it) on another team's No. 1 line.

I think why NHL teams aren't looking for experienced Coaches could be due to how guys like Pat Quinn and Ron Wilson really didn't work out all that well with their new teams. Perhaps the post-lockout era calls for a new style of coaching.
As much as the Lightning would want to get away from that contract, I think they would want more in return than Kaberle who is in the final year of his contract. The Leafs don't exactly have a deep cupboard of prospects or draft picks to offer either.

Maybe Kaberle and the rights to Jonas Gustavsson who is a RFA, plus something else like Grabovski?

Leafs wouldn't be hurting at replacing Kaberle on D, and a back up would be easy to find behind Giggy and with Bozak emerging he would be the new #2 behind Vinnie in Toronto. Only thing in Grabovski is that the Lightning probably are taking as much salary on in return, although shed Kaberle's the following year and they could potentially flip him in another deal or a deadline deal to get a return on him.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote