MN Hockey & hfboards popularity
View Single Post
04-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Originally Posted by
Well since my man se7en told me to come over to this site from CBS I figured I would pop my cherry on this topic.
I agree with most of what se7en said;
the main reason that the Wild donít generate that much interest is because they are never a story. That can be a bad thing Ö but it can also be a very good thing. You guys never have controversy (for the most part), your fans are GREAT, some of the best that Iíve come across, and you arenít doochenozles Ö
and you donít really have and Avery type players, so other fan bases donít really hate you.
When it comes to media exposure itís all about the story. A famous line in the media industry is ďif it bleeds, it leadsĒ Ö which is true in both news and sports related news. I mean who wants to read an article about a pretty ok team with no locker room fights and no terrible contracts weighing them down, etc etc. Itís like getting an update stating ďno new updateĒ haha. But like I said, itís not necessarily a bad thing. Heck I envy it!
You think us Rangers fans like hearing about Redden and Sather all the time? Ö we know they suck! Haha.
Point is, without a story you guys will continue to be buried in the lower end of the media exposure market. It sucks cuz I really would like to catch more Wild games without having to pay for Center Ice (which I usually get anyway).
So if you really wanna get more Wild games on VS and NBC, start picking fights in the stands or something haha, but I know you wonít cuz that ainít your style Ö keep it classy Minny!
PS Ė I REALLY hope they allow the Wild to use the North Stars naming rights Ö even if it only means getting the North Stars jersey as like a 3rd jersey Ö they are one of my fav jerseys of all time!
PPS Ė Iím sure you guys arenít too fond of my avatar Ö but Iíve had a man crush on Gabby since he potted 5 against the Rangers!
First of all, welcome to HF!
1. Agreed, although there are many factors as to why that's the case despite being both successful and a disgrace.
2. Derek Boogaard and Cal Clutterbuck disagree. Everyone hates them; it's the one thing people say about the Wild besides "they are boring" and "good fans, I wonder why they aren't on HF?"
3. No, but then again that's what happens with the NY/Toronto/Montreal media.
4. They already play the maximum games on VS despite not making the playoffs (local ratings play a key role) and are the last team in the West not named Detroit or Chicago to make an appearance on NBC. So that's not so much an issue.
5. It's a completely different team and time to move on.
6. No it's fine.
First Round Bust
: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.
"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by GopherState