View Single Post
Old
09-28-2003, 04:13 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem
This deal is not a bad one at all but again it is a lateral move at best and in the deal the Bruins get older and gain a fairly hefty contract and in the end the deal is not worth making. I don't think money is an issue as far as taking on a contract but when you compare player to player Boynton is a far better option for the Bruins than Aucoin at this point being both younger and cheaper. Though it appears to me that the Isles have solid depth at D and could stand to lose one of the big four (Niinimaa, Jonsson, Aucoin, Hamrlik) without getting another defenseman back. Which would make the Islanders a very attractive trading partner for the B's So would the Isles be willing to part with one of those for a couple of four A prospects in the ilk of Huml, Hillbert, Morrison? I think if the B's make a trade it better be to add another defenseman as opposed to a one for one defenseman deal.

Wang wants to make the playoffs now.Trading one of the top 4 d-men for prospects,while going with the inexperienced, 22 yr old Dipietro in net,doesn't make sense for the nyi.