: Prospect Info:
Offical 2010 Red Wing Draft Thread
View Single Post
04-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Yoshinoyama, Nara
I've said it before but I believe that I have to say it once more for emphasis: this is the year to draft a Russian in the first round.
* Forget Niederreiter, there is no way that the Wings will nab him as it would require us to give up a considerable player, i.e. Filppula or Hudler's rights to achieve a draft berth where we could get him.
* Burmistrov would be nice, but he will likely be nabbed at or above the 20th draft berth; if the Wings go far into the playoffs, it is unlikely he will be available for us.
* Ditto with Granlund. Big, talented center = gone in sixty seconds.
* I will be inclined to hurt myself if the Wings draft what experts at ESPN and other sports guru sites have predicted; no enforcers or goalies in the first round, please.
* We have enough defensemen in training, unless someone starts kidnapping our defensemen and shipping them overseas as sex slaves we will not need to draft more for a while. Do not overcompensate for impending retirement of Lidstrom.
* Any of your Russian players in the first round are going to be high skill and potential franchise players, even some in the upper second round. Maksim Kitsyn would be a very nice acquisition for this team, although I am stuck on the idea of the Wings acquiring Stanislav Galiev because he is a large, skilled forward that has already proven himself in the QMJHL, and he is quite the practiced English speaker; not only could he apprentice under Datsyuk, he could act as an interpreter
View Public Profile
Visit TheFirebird's homepage!
Find More Posts by TheFirebird