View Single Post
Old
04-17-2010, 07:52 PM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
If/when the Jackets end up with either Fowler/Gudbranson/whatever defender we get at the draft table, does that change our outlook at all towards overhauling the defense corps? Let's say we get Gudbranson, which IMO is the most likely scenario - that gives us Gudbranson, Moore, Goloubef, Russell, and I'll say Stralman and Methot as future guys as well (under-25) - that's not a wholly terrible defense corps if you add in another gritty/physical type guy. Say we get a guy like Souray this summer - or maybe another type of mentor - if those guys are brought along correctly and have the right leadership, they could all turn into very good players.

In that case, I would be all for bringing in Souray - especially if the price were fairly cheap.
To me, I hope to upgrade all 6 dmen. I hope that we will upgrade a few from players getting better and draft picks replacing others. And then the other upgrades from replacing current players with players that we get in a trade or free agency.

I really like Hejda, but I would love to make an upgrade over him in the next year or 2. We can upgrade by replacing Commodore. We can upgrade Russell just from him improving. We can upgrade 2 more spots with the addition of Moore and Gudbranson/Fowler. That is 5 spots there. That doesn't take into account guys like Goloubef and Savard. So, to me, we need to add 2 dmen who are better than Commodore and Hejda through FA/trade over the next 2 years.