View Single Post
Old
04-18-2010, 12:49 AM
HowToHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webernaut View Post
It's called a Michigan when you scoop it and score from behind/side of the goal. If you just pick it up in the middle of the ice you would call it a Lacrosse move because you would cradle puck like a lacrosse player. Otherwise you would just call it picking up the puck or I might call it the Scoopy Puck move from now on...

It's not the Crosby move. Mike Legg was the **** and he did it first.
Yeah I know, most younger players only know about Crosby doing it, so that is what they search for on Youtube (that's why I put it in the video title )

Fresh tape or stick wax definitely helps

The 360 is not much harder to do than doing it stationary, really you are still using centrifugal force to keep the puck on your stick. When I first saw this done I practiced in my barn and got it pretty quickly, it took me a bit longer to learn on ice because there are different dynamics, but it really isn't as hard as it looks.

There are a lot of variations as well, I can do it while skating, 360, backhand, through the legs (like Rob Hisey but not as effortlessly)

I didn't think it was very useful in a game because it takes a while to set up, but if you can do it lighting fast like Rob Hisey does in this video, you might be seeing more of it...

HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote