View Single Post
Old
02-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Saw the Attack yesterday, against Ottawa.

Owen Sound was clearly the superior team for the first two periods, and had a 3-1 lead at one point. I figured they had it in the bag. Their passing is so crisp and clean, they are just a smooth, fluid team. The third period was a bit of a role reversal. The 67's took over, on the strength of their good forward group, and the Attack weren't capitalizing on their chances, the 67's were. Jarrett really impressed me, which considering what I'd seen of him before now in his career, was surprising. Ryan's an impressive player obviously, first time I'd seen him live. Reminds me a lot of Steve Bernier, although that may just be his skating. That's a compliment, as I see Bernier a ton when I'm at school, and he's a very good player. Richardon's nifty, a bit like Alyn McCauley, but I don't see him making the NHL. Ruzicka didn't really stand out much, although I've seen better.

Brown had some beautiful stops, especially one amazing one on a perfectly played two-on-one where Petruzalek slid it to Bickell cross-crease (and this was a fast-play), and Brown got over there. I couldn't believe it. It was bang-bang, and he stopped it.

Anyways, although the 67's won the game, I can see why Owen Sound is second in the OHL. For the majority of the game, they were just so much more consistent, so much more controlled, so much more professional than the 67's. It was a really big win for the 67's though, a team that may just be hitting its stride at the right time. The 67's for my money have the best group of forwards in the East, especially considering a guy like Lukas Kaspar is 7th in scoring. It's their defence (Colbert aside) that is a problem, and it's that inability to break-out of the zone effectively, make that key first pass, that could haunt them.