View Single Post
Old
04-19-2010, 08:30 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
To say the second goal "wasn't Klein's fault at all" is flat out wrong. Was it his fault that they had a 3 on 1? No, that was a mixture of Legwand and Hamhuis, but Klein didn't play the man or the puck. He froze like a deer in the headlights, unable to make the decision in the moment, which is his biggest weakness.

There's a lot that disappointed me in that game, but nothing more than hearing Trotz say that a lot of guys weren't "all in" for this game. You have the opportunity to go up 2-0 heading back to Nashville, and you're not motivated to play your best game? Where is the leadership? As absent as Arnott's on-ice contributions? That's pretty inexcusable. We're not as talented as the Blackhawks, no one will dispute that, but what gave us a chance in this series is our work ethic. If we get outskilled AND outworked? Forget it. We won't win another game. From puck drop on, the Hawks clearly "wanted it" more, and we were content to job for them. Trotz mentioned that there were several things to "work on," but I think the biggest problem isn't something that can be fixed by "working on it." You either have that hunger or you don't.

I've had my scrutiny of Arnott, and it's no secret I've never been his biggest fan. This is his defining moment, IMO.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote