View Single Post
Old
02-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Schlep Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW814
I am a 15 year old, 5'10'' 200 lb. American kid who lives in Florida. I have been playing roller hockey since I can ever remember, and I am about to teach myself how to ice skate well so I can start playing ice hockey. It has always been my dream to play in the NHL, and now I am taking all of the steps that I can to make it into the NCAA hockey system, and then eventually into the NHL hockey system. I think if i were to get into the NCAA system it would be as a walk-on, I don't think scouts go to Florida! If any of you have some tips for me, I would really appriciate it. I want more than anything in my life to play hockey in the pros and whatever comments, questions, or suggestions you have are very welcome, I need some guidance because I know the path ahead of me is going to be long and hard. Thank you.
Well first and foremost... Florida is becoming a hockey hotbed but to advance, you need to get out of Florida.

Let me ask you a very blunt question... does your family have money? This will basically determine where and when you can go.

Keep in mind, everybody think's that it's a cinch to play NCAA but a lot of these NCAA players end up going pro so that should put into perspectice the skill level. Don't forget D-3 NCAA as well!

Give me some more details on your situation and I'll try and provide you with some more info/advice.