Thread: On the Radio: Mark Messier with Steve Somers(4/17)
View Single Post
Old
04-19-2010, 12:07 PM
rangerfan_79

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG88 View Post
I know, right? I think that a large chunk of Ranger fandom is pro-Schoeny, in regards to a promotion to full time AssGenMan. (Just wanted to see how that looked. I like it.) I really liked your plan.

Is there proof that it was Schoeny such a large factor behind those awful, shameful acquisitions? Is it mainly speculation and conjecture? Is there something concrete that ties him to those signings?

If so, and MM is bound to be our GM eventually, no matter what, get him in as AGM! Schoeny having any involvement in those signings should instantly exclude him from any participation in anything Ranger related for the rest of eternity.

I really feel like on ALL 3 of those signings that Sather didn't even wait to hear what competeing offers were going to be. Its like he came up with his best guess as to what it would take to sign these players and then added a few mil just to be on the safe side.
Schoeny may have been advocating for all 3 but...

Probably not at the price they were signed for and length of contracts including NTC/NMC.

or

Both Drury and Gomez being signed at the same time.

I think this is more to do with Sather was burning both ends of the candle negotiating with Gomez and Drury and ended up signing them both.

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote