View Single Post
Old
02-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW814
I am a 15 year old, 5'10'' 200 lb. American kid who lives in Florida. I have been playing roller hockey since I can ever remember, and I am about to teach myself how to ice skate well so I can start playing ice hockey. It has always been my dream to play in the NHL, and now I am taking all of the steps that I can to make it into the NCAA hockey system, and then eventually into the NHL hockey system. I think if i were to get into the NCAA system it would be as a walk-on, I don't think scouts go to Florida! If any of you have some tips for me, I would really appriciate it. I want more than anything in my life to play hockey in the pros and whatever comments, questions, or suggestions you have are very welcome, I need some guidance because I know the path ahead of me is going to be long and hard. Thank you.
Try to find an agent and move north where you can get more exposure. FLA isn't going to do it for you.

If he can roller skate really really well, he should be able to ice skate decently, but the odds are stacked against you.

Good luck.