View Single Post
Old
04-20-2010, 02:35 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKEYEinTN View Post
I work in sales for the team and let me tell you the response I have heard over and over and over again...... "we're gonna wait and see if they make the 2nd round, then we'll buy tickets." I mean, it's the NHL playoffs. Nothing beats the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Especially in our barn. The atmosphere for the playoffs is something everyone should experience.
Like I got flamed for, I don't think losing in the 1st round will do anything to ignite the dormant fans or bring in new ones. Marginal impact. "Who are we playing"?-- a question I got today from a former STH.

We've got to get out of the 46th percentile. The only good that comes out of it is the extra million in net revenue or so.

Here's a hypothetical question... if the Titans have never won a playoff game in their history (in TN), would there be as much support? Really doubt it, eventhough this is 'football country'. Their first year at Vandy, they were struggling to get support at 8-8. Honestly, I still think they are partially riding the wave of going to the SB... It got Nashvillians excited, people who'd never really paid attention to the NFL got into it, the casual fans became diehards, Nashville had a team pro team to cheer for, Media circus=best marketing possible, etc, etc.

So let's win this thing

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote