View Single Post
Old
09-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Brisebois

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Happy New Year man, albeit a few days late. This is actually Darz' job but what does a Finnish guy know about Jewish holidays.
lol thanks.

Whew what a week-end.

Spent most of the time at the pulpit screaming my lungs off.

Friday night there was a downpour... and i mean a serious downpour here in Ottawa. A real thunderstorm. Bolts of lightning were zapping all the sinners left and right . I had to get back from the Synagogue to some guys house about a 15 minute walk away. But the problem was that I was in my new suit and I had no raincoat. So I grabbed a garbage bag, and stripped down to my boxers and undershirt-tzitzis (that's an undershirt with the Jewish strings on them) and dumped the rest of my clothes in the bag. With no one on the streets I figured I'd get away with it (most of the way is on side streets). Anyway, I started the long trek and on the way met a bunch of drunken people. Sheesh it was embarrassing. I wonder what they thought, seeing this half-naked Rabbi (with a beard) walking down the street with a garbage bag over his shoulder. Needless to say, they stayed away from me. And my suit was dry.