View Single Post
Old
09-28-2003, 07:53 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
I think some solid guesses would be that JFJ first trade may be with his old team St. Louis... He knows the young guys well and may take a young prospect off of their list...

Toronto really needs to start taking strides in a direction to get younger and If I where Fergy I would be looking for younger players that have not developed yet, but have good upside...an example and a feeling I have is someone like Tim Connelly of Buffalo... a player that may develop with a change of scenery..

I still believe that Berg combined with Tucker and a prospect/pick may land us a top 4 dman...and Zhitnik always comes to mind..

Washington lost a lot of Defense this off Season and a player like Berg and possibly a young dman say Hedin for a player like Steve Konowalchuk might be possible....

I think Green, Fitzy, Reichel, Belak, Berg, Kidd are expendable but would be hard to trade, as they all make TOO much money for 4th liners on the Leafs..

I feel Florida has a glut of young forwards and may want some Veteran presence particularly if Horton and Stewart make the team..A young player like Kristian Huselius who is not a Keenan favourite might make a great Winger for Mats to groom..or Ivan Novoseltsev has a lot of offensive upside and may be made available..

I get the Feeling that Poni boy will be traded to Chicago along with a (berg/green or prospect) for a dman like Klemm...

I could see a deal like Tucker in a package to Edmonton for some young players like Jani Rita and Jarrett Stoll..