View Single Post
Old
09-28-2003, 09:42 PM
monkey_00*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
You misunderstood the post completely..

I was trying to say that Kaberle is just like Gonchar but KABERLE does not shoot but all Gonchar does is shoot....and you said we need a number 1 dman and that is what lidstrom and Blake are, and I said Gonchar is not in their league as far as #1's go and what I picture as a top dman...not just a guy like Gonchar who scores 20 goals and finnishes the year as a MINUS 45 in +/-....

I say we need Adam Foote not Gonchar.. Leafs Forwards are more than capable of scoring goals and don't need to count on the Defense for that and what Leafs currenly have can contribute enough anyway..

Also Washington was devastated on D this offseason with UFA and retirement... Why would they trade Gonchar and what would Leafs need to get him??
Sergei Gonchar's low +/- rating had alot to do with the team that he was playing for and not so much with the type of player that he is.......there's no way in hell the Leafs are getting Adam Foote out of Colorado...nice thought though but it'll never happen...not this year anyways.........HOWEVER; Gonchar I feel could be had for the right price.....and you put him here in Toronto and he would be our #1 guy at the back of our blueline.