View Single Post
Old
09-28-2003, 09:58 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Sergei Gonchar's low +/- rating had alot to do with the team that he was playing for and not so much with the type of player that he is.......there's no way in hell the Leafs are getting Adam Foote out of Colorado...nice thought though but it'll never happen...not this year anyways.........HOWEVER; Gonchar I feel could be had for the right price.....and you put him here in Toronto and he would be our #1 guy at the back of our blueline.
PLEEEASE !!!!!!! Gonchar should be a forward not a Dman with his offensive talants and lack of defense.. Klee is defensive partner was a Plus 22 and Gonchar was a hugh liability in his own zone..

From watching the Leafs defense in the exhibition season, having trouble in their own end is already a strength of the current Defense..

I also wasn't saying get Adam Foote just that is what we need more than a Brian Leetch, Housley, Gonchar type.. and that was the whole point of my post in the first place that #1 dman like that are NOT AVAILABLE no matter how much Leafs need one...

Do you honestly think that EVERY GM since Salmings retirement has not tried to land that stud Dman.. and for every other GM in the league for that Matter..

and Gonchar's name has not been mentioned in any trade rumours I have ever seen, unless its in hypothical trades posted on HF.. So he might just be as IMPOSSIBLE as LIDSTROM and BLAKE and FOOTE and PRONGER and JOVO etc... THEY are ALL Unavailable to Everyone...

You just made up his name, its not like Washington is trying to trade him anyway... all we every hear is Jagr and Lang as Salary dumps.. not Gonchar