Thread: On the Radio: Derek Stepan
View Single Post
Old
04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
There's some truth to this given the current job market, but in general I don't think it matters.

College is merely a way to get your foot in the door. Once you're in the door, no matter how you got there, a college education doesn't mean much. In some jobs it may earn you a little more money. That extra money can go to paying off your student loans lol.

If you know what you want to do and there's a trade school for it, I would suggest that over college. You'll learn more of what you need to know, you'll learn it faster and it will cost less.
College matters now more than ever I think. Because of the recession, many people who had menial jobs got laid off, and because companies are still suffering, most of these people probably won't get their jobs back.

Jobs are becoming more and more specialized and require degrees. Of course that lowers the value of having a degree, but you'll still be screwed if you don't have one

In the end though, if you work hard enough and a have a legitimate goal in mind you'll still be able to get by either way.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote