View Single Post
Old
04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Get Carter

vCash: 500
Mod edit with updated info:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/print...82&feedID=704&

Quote:
Simon Gagne and Jeff Carter will both need surgery to repair fractures of the right foot, each suffered during the Flyers’ Game 4 victory over the Devils.

Carter’s season is essentially over while Gagne has an outside chance to come back if the Flyers make it to the conference finals.

“I expect us to react in a positive way,” said general manager Paul Holmgren, feeling a lot like Custer looking at the Sioux, just over the ridge. “I think injuries happen over the course of the season and in playoffs. It’s happened to a number of teams already in this playoff.

“It gives the opportunity to other players, whoever that may be – whether it’s Claude Giroux or Ville Leino, somebody’s going to get more ice time and put in different roles that perhaps weren’t given before.

“So certainly there’s opportunity for other players. We haven’t used injuries as an excuse the whole year and we certainly aren’t going to start now. I expect our players to play their best and we’ll see what happens.”

Gagne has a fracture in his right big toe. He will have two screws inserted into it surgically on Friday and should be out at least three weeks. Carter is also scheduled for surgery to have a plate inserted into his right metatarsal. He’ll be on crutches for approximately six weeks.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-22-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Get Carter is offline   Reply With Quote