View Single Post
Old
04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
first, I think this is a totally academic debate because i think the chances of huet starting thursday are zero unless there is an injury to niemi. The Hawks have no confidence at all in Huet and Niemi wasnt the reason for the loss last night.

Maybe, if Niemi really stinks up the joint thursday, we see huet in game 5, but that would take a huge tank job by niemi(probably would require him to get pulled and Huet play well in relief).
I agree. Niemi has given up 5 even strength goals and a penalty shot in 3 games. Without going to complex that's about a 2 goals against per game average which is not too shabby. I think Niemi has been good so far for them and he's the reason they're in the spot they are but the thing about Chicago is, they usually limit shots to the net and we had what, 34, 35 on them last night where he's used to facing somewhere around 25 a game? His numbers are about the same when all is said and done but the extra pucks to the net are finding ways to go in and we have to keep doing that.

Don't know if anyone noticed but the first shift in the second we were firing the puck right off the bat. Then the next shift we continued with this premise. Then we have a 3 on 2 with Smithson and I think Sully or Dumont trailing him and he takes the shot, no drop pass like we're used to seeing. Sometimes you have to just get pucks to the net and take your chances. I liked the aggressive nature of what the team did last night with shooting and going to the net.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote