View Single Post
Old
09-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Tao Jones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttersnipe
I'm happy with Larionov and Rasmussen as 4th line centers. If there is several injuries, I think we would see Darby called up before we saw Rheume resigned. I'd start worrying about Larionov if he misses the last pre-season games, because he had said he would like to play.

We have 6 players to fill 4 spots in the 3rd and 4th line, even with Turner on the IR: Brylin, Larionov, Rasmussen, Gionta, Bicek, Berglund.
I guess I am seeing Rheaume as being more flexible than Darby, as he can play either wing as well as center, and shoots left handed. Darby shoots right, and he may be claimed off of waivers. I only bring up this scenario if Turner and Larionov remain injured, and Brylin has a slow or late start coming back from Russia. Pascal would be a reserve to the last four players you mentioned. I know he wants to return to the Devils. If he doesn't, I hope he signs with the other team his agent was talking to. I thought he was a good trade deadline pickup. He played well down the stretch and other than his -2 rating, he had a decent playoffs.