View Single Post
Old
04-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
I agree.

I know what the guy puts into the team, how much pain he goes through, and how loyal he is to the Wild. He had a chance to take more money somewhere else when he was about to become a UFA, but because he loved the community, he took less to stay (which no one does anymore). But he's overpaid according to the experts on here.

He's probably the most solid player the franchise has had, and all people can say is that he has poor puck-handling skills (hilarous, since that is one of the best aspects of his game). The guy has never complained about the fact that he was an offensive player all of his life, but was turned into a stay-at-home guy exclusively by Lemaire. Instead, he thanks Lemaire for making him a better defensive hockey player, which gets scoffed at on here.

No loyalty whatsoever.

Good to know - thanks guys.
Well, at least you came in here with an open mind. Obviously weren't open to a discussion about a player that we have seen for 82ish games a year for the past 8 or so years. I'd be interested to hear about which teams were gonna give him over $3.5 million a year, and what year that would've occurred in.

We don't consider him a poor man's Ray Bourque, but I would think that the majority of MN fans would be OK with me saying that he is a solid, unspectacular 2-pairing D.

Like EVERY hockey player, he does things well and he has flaws in his game. I'm not sure how recognizing those flaws is considered disloyal.

When did you guys meet anyway?

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote