View Single Post
Old
02-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Cuiff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
Done as a starter, still can contribute situationally. Signing him gives the Eagles depth so they don't have to bring Levens back a 3rd time..

George could not even get on the Field for Dallas. The guy can no longer play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
Perhaps because the Eagles philosophy of ignoring the run has contributed to their inability to win a Super Bowl. Burgess has spent 2 games injured for every one he has played. He is a risky signing. Kalu is not a good run defender. With Burgess and Douglas both FAs, Eagles need to bring in another DE. Both Pryce and Carter are HUGE upgrades on either...
True but I don't see it happening. JJ likes the pass rushers more and is high on Burgess. He will be here next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
Ware, Hood and Wynn played rather poorly. They got picked on frequently. A reliable vet nickelback would go a long way towards solidifying a weak position. The young players may improve, but adding a vet CB to bridge the gap would be of tremendous benefit. ..
I guess we will agree to disagree here. I felt Ware, Hood and Wynn played well. Not great but well for young guys. Anyways, I do not see the Eagles bring in a vet who will take time up from these Kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
Coles and Mason will be looking for #1 money. Then again, Coles already has the money and may be looking for some wins instead. Muhammed picked the right time to be a FA, but is nearing the end of his career. As such, I doubt too many teams are willing to pony up big bucks. Plus, he too many be thinking Super Bowl over money at this point. ..
Sorry, he will not be an Eagle......Than again, I did not TO would be either. I just dont see the Eagles putting more $$ in to the WR position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
No way Gardner or Porter get #1 WR money. Both are second WRs. Exactly what the Eagles need.
???
Porter is number one material.