View Single Post
Old
04-22-2010, 06:06 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Spaling is a solid fourth line center with a pretty good eye for setting up his teammates. He's quick, and he plays well positionally. The kid will help our penalty kill tremendously in the future. I'm enjoying watching him play with Boyd. Now if only Dustin can get the puck off the ice and into the net.

The Blackhawks came out in game 1 with the weight of the world, or at least the weight of Chicago and NHL analysts, on their shoulders. They ended up playing a good game, but couldn't get past our smothering defense. In game 2 they were angry. They came out hard, couldn't get anything going in the first (crossbar and a quick whistle helped), but ended up winning 2-0. Game 3 was obviously a dominate performance by the Predators. I think it's the first game either team has really stepped up to take the reigns throughout an entire game.

That win puts a ton of pressure back on the Hawks. They HAVE to take back home ice advantage tonight. Not just to have it, but to avoid being pressed against the wall. If we go up 3-1 we have three games to win one. They have three games they have to sweep. If we can start out like we did Tuesday night I think we can rattle the kids. Presence around the crease will help. Make Niemi sweat and not only can we make him second guess himself, but we can make the team start to question their backstop, too. Make the Hawks start to force plays and we are in a good position. Get an early lead and force Chicago to activate their D lower in the offensive zone and we have a good shot at odd-man rushes.

I'm not sure if they tore the ice up last night for the concert, but I would imagine they did. If so the ice is going to be terrible tonight. We have to let soft ice help us in that case. Let it slow the Hawks speed. Let it make their passes more difficult. Keep our game simple in both zones. Stay out of the freakin' box.

Game on, ladies and gentlemen!

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote