Thread: Salary Cap: $59 million in 2010-11?
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2010, 07:48 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Kovalchuk already refused a 10+ million dollar contract. Why would he take 8?

Brashear is not going to get traded and I doubt LTIR. We'll probably have to eat that.

I think your Prust and EC numbers are probably too low.

I really don't want IK. What little cap space we'll ever have is completely gone for years with him here.
Because he wanted out of Atlanta. That team is going no where fast. We won't know exactly what the market might bear for him, but if the playoffs are any indicator, his value has decreased a bit.

If Brashear shows up to camp just a little bit out of shape, he will be put on LTIR, just like the Devils did with Moginly.

Prust and Christiansen won't get much more then their qualifying offers, which is something like 5% increase over their current salary. They have no bargining chips as RFA's. Sather likes to play hardball with RFA's. I don't see this being anything difference. They may get a couple hundred thousand more then I listed, but I doubt Christiansen touches $1 million.

Yes, if Kovy is signed to a deal similar to what I listed, it will eat up cap space, but there will not be a player like him on the market for several years and there really isn't anyone in the Rangers system right now that comes close to the talent that he has. Not to mention Drury and Roszival are off the books in 2 seasons ($12 million in cap savings) and the salary cap should keep going up a bit every season due to the recovery of the economy and the very strong Canadian Dollar.

My scenario might put the Rangers too close to the upper cap ceiling, as I stated in my post, but it addresses offensive needs as well as defensive needs. And will it happen, 99% chance that it won't, just a little something to pass the time until at least the draft lol. Two more months to go!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote