View Single Post
Old
09-29-2003, 03:52 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
I'd like one of those "morons" in net for my team, wouldn't you? I got into a verbal tussle with fellow NYI fans on this because I had the audacity to suggest that Snow's comments were classless. My reasoning:

There's a difference between making a comment (right or wrong) about something having to do with the game (goalie pads), it's a different story to bring up someone's personal life and foibles. Marty playing with his wife's sis is not condoned here (frankly, could care less, it's not my business, nor worth my time; I follow hockey, not Page Six of the Post). And he's made his own bed (np pun intended), now he has to sleep in it.

But snow should have taken a higher road in his retort.

Of course, just my opinion.

Separately, for anyone suggesting that Brodeur shouldn't open his mouth about Snow's Michelin Man pads, do you feel the same way about Sather's whining on the same topic last season?
I would love to have Marty in nets for us, but that doesn't mean that he gets a free pass here. That is absolute BS in my opinion.

He is the one who began the stupid cat fight by criticizing Snow by name. At first I took Martys side, but the more I think about, the more that I realize I would have been pissed too. I don't like Garth, but all he said was "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house." Sure it would have been better to say "No comment" like Richter probably would have but who really cares? I doubt either player lost much sleep over it so why should we? These are grown men... Ive heard much worse so who really cares? Don't get so upset over something that either player could probably care less about.

Sather felt like he may have won a game if not for those pads when the Rangers were grasping after a last playoff spot. Yes, In my mind that is a little different then a fellow player (and Stanley Cup Champion, Snow obviously never hurt NJ) criticizing someone before the season starts, but again these are grown men here, neither player is loosing any sleep so why do we care?