View Single Post
Old
04-22-2010, 05:46 PM
CitizenCoyote

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
He only skated for 15 minutes. I have my doubts about how effective Doan could be when he comes back. I know he's a warrior but he crashed on his right side which is where he gets all the power from his hits and shots. Still.... a banged up Doan would be better than a healthy Lang.
Yeah, he was trying to be upbeat in the presser posted on Walsh's twitter, but it sounds as though this is 50/50 at best. Bummer. Glad we get the 2 day break.

These guys have picked each other up all year. If it's time for the rest of the guys to make sure Doaner gets another series this year, so be it. He's carried the franchise at times in his career, and every guy in that room needs to do everything possible to return the favor.

I didn't want the Red Wings. I've been pretty vocal about that. I thought it was the worst matchup in the West, and probably the second worst matchup for us in the entire NHL. Nobody sane would make us favorites at this point, even with home ice advantage, if Doan can't go or isn't close to 100 percent. But the way this season started, it's all good now. At worst, a ragtag team has held its own and turned a sad, empty building into a rocking party house in just 5 months. At best, the next 5 days are a defining chapter for professional ice hockey in Arizona. I guess you can't expect to have that kind of potential upside without tough odds. If the Captain can't go, it's just one more hurdle. This team seems to know what to do with hurdles.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote